The Men’s Golf Association schedules several fun golf events throughout the season where members compete for points and prize money. The top 30 point earners qualify to play in the last event for a chance to win one month of FCC dues. However, the most important aspect of the MGA is that the money generated is used for golf course improvements. Over the years the MGA has spent several thousand dollars on golf course related projects. Within the last two years, the association purchased new equipment to house the water coolers located on the course. Other recent projects include the rebuilding and stone work around #2 tee and the expansion and stone walls added to the tee boxes on holes #7, #16 ,and #17.
Many of the MGA members are active participants in and enjoy the events that are planned by the Association, but there are members who very seldom participate in the events and some who don’t at all. While the Association does encourage it, your participation in the events is not required to be a member of the Men’s Golf Association. With that being said, the annual dues paid to the MGA play a very significant role in the funding of future projects, which is why we highly encourage you to become a member, no matter your level of participation.
Annual dues are $30.00 and each event has a $5.00 or $10.00 entry fee. If you are interested in joining, please contact Tim Chubb (MGA president) at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Club manager, Clay Moody, at 270-586-9118. The more members and support we have, the more we can do for our beautiful golf course! If any MGA member has any suggestions for future projects, please pass the information along to Tim or Clay.
Upcoming Events and Info
As many of you know, points are awarded for the top 13 places in each of the events played throughout the season. 25 points are awarded to the winner down to 1 point for 13th place. These points are accumulated each season and make the player eligible for the season ending Points Championship if they are in the top 30.
We encourage you to play in all of the MGA events as there will be a prize awarded to the top three point earners at the conclusion of Dog Fight #4.
- First Place – $50
- Second Place – $30
- Third Place – $20
These players will also be eligible for the Points Championship which takes place September 8-9 and includes the top 30 point accumulators. If you would like to join the Men’s Golf Association, contact Tim Chubb or Clay Moody. Annual dues are $30.00 and are billed in May.
Men’s Golf Assoc. Annual Meeting and Breakfast with Dog Fight #3
Saturday, July 21st
- Breakfast will begin at 7:30 AM in the Clubhouse dining room. There will be a recap of the association’s status as we eat.
- You may play your dogfight any time after the breakfast on Saturday or on Sunday.
- There will be a blind draw for foursomes or you may make your own. Points will be made based on your handicap.
- Please post your actual score for each hole, hole all puts, play the ball down – do not move it.
- Be sure names are on the scorecard and turned in at the Pro Shop.
- Entry fee is $5.00
- Each of the par 3’s will have a closest to the pin competition for a chance to win a dozen golf balls.
Key Oil Cup Matches
July 28th & 29th
Team matches against Glasgow CC will be played here at FCC Saturday and Sunday. These groups will tee off the front and back from 8am to 9am on both Saturday and Sunday and again at 1pm on Saturday.
Dog Fight #4
August 16th – 19th
- Play is the same as all previous Dog Fights. More information may be found on the bulletin board in the Pro Shop.
MGA Points Championship
September 8th or 9th
- This event may be played either day.
- The top 30 players whom have accumulated the most points from events held throughout the year are eligible for play. An updated points listing will be posted for eligibility.
- Entry fee is $10.00 – be sure to sign up and pay before playing.
- When finished, turn your scorecard in at the Pro Shop. Be sure your name is on it and that it is signed.
Dog Fight #1:
- 1st – Alec Silchuck and David Clark
- 2nd – Gary Welch
- *has not yet been played due to rain.
Dog Fight #2:
- 1st – Scott Brown
- 2nd – David Clark
- 3rd – Mike Swift and Tim Chubb
- 1st – Gary Welch and Wendell Tinsley
- 2nd – Mike Swift and Fuzzy Denning
- 3rd – Perry Snell and Tim Chubb
- 1st – Gary Welch (Kopeka)
- 2nd – Ben Bowen (Knox)
- 3rd – Mike Swift (Gay)
MGA Membership Listing and Point Standings
*Point standings will be posted once the 2018 season’s events begin. A list of all Men’s Golf Association events may be found here: 2018 Tournament Schedule