The Men’s Golf Association schedules several fun golf events throughout the season where members compete for points and prize money. The top 30 point earners qualify to play in the last event and a chance to win one month of FCC dues. However, the most important aspect of the MGA is that the money generated is used for golf course improvements. Over the years the MGA has spent several thousand dollars on golf course related projects. Within the last year, the association purchased new equipment to house the water coolers located on the course. Other recent projects were the rebuilding and stone work around #2 tee and the expansion and stone walls added to the tee boxes on holes #16 and #17. This year, the MGA has planned a project to rebuild and stone around the tee on hole #7.
Many of the MGA members are active participants in and enjoy the events that are planned by the Association, but there are members who very seldom participate in the events and some who don’t at all. While the Association does encourage it, your participation in the events is not required to be a member of the Men’s Golf Association. With that being said, the annual dues paid to the MGA play a very significant role in the funding of future projects, which is why we highly encourage you to become a member, no matter your level of participation.
Annual dues are $30.00 and each event has a $5.00 or $10.00 entry fee. If you are interested in joining, please contact Tim Chubb (MGA president) at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Club manager, Clay Moody, at 270-586-9118. The more members and support we have, the more we can do for our beautiful golf course! If any MGA member has any suggestions for future projects, please pass the information along to Tim or Clay.
Upcoming Events and Details
US Open Pro-Am:
- June 17th – 18th. You may play either day.
- $10.00 entry fee
- Your score, adjusted according to handicap, and the Sunday score of whichever PGA Pro you draw will be added together. The lowest team score wins.
- PGA Pro names will be available Sunday June 18th. If you play on Saturday (the 17th), a name will be drawn for you when they become available. Otherwise, you will draw when you sign up and pay to play on Sunday.
- Must post your actual score for each hole.
- Must hole all putts.
- Play the ball down.
- Make sure all names are on the scorecard when you turn it in.
The Men’s Golf Assoc. Annual Meeting and Breakfast Saturday will be held on July 22nd. Breakfast will begin at 7:30. The event for that day will be a Dog Fight (a make up for Dog Fight #2). You may get your own group and begin play after the breakfast meeting.
Key Oil Cup Matches
The Key Oil Cup Matches against Glasgow will be played at Glasgow Country Club on Saturday, July 29th and Sunday, July 30th. Hunter Bowen and Troy Wilson are the captains of the Junior team and LJ Pearson is the captain of the Senior team. Details on qualifying are posted in the pro shop.
2017 MGA Event Results
Dog Fight #1:
- 1st – Tim Mefford
- 2nd – Scott Brown
- 3rd – Troy Wilson
- 1st – Troy Wilson
- 2nd – Willie Johns
- 3rd – Jeff Moody
Dog Fight #2:
- Rescheduled to be played July 22nd – 23rd
- 1st – Shawn Killen and Eddie Hammock
- 2nd – David Houk and Perry Snell
- 3rd – Jamie Spears and Craig Delk
- 1st – Jeff Fisher
- 2nd – Scott Brown
- 3rd – Jamie Spears
Dog Fight #3 (MGA Breakfast):
- 1st – Jeff Moody
- 2nd – Arnold Silchuck
- 3rd – Alec Silchuck
Points Championship Results:
- 1st – Scott Brown and Bobby West (tied)
- 2nd – Alec Silchuk and Gary Welch (tied)
MGA Membership Listing and Point Standings